Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Cheekwood Part 1


Last Saturday, after a week of horrible sickness, Brett, Declan, and I took advantage of some free passes(thanks Ris!) and went to Cheekwood to check out the last weekend of the "Happily Ever After" exhibit. We had been looking forward to it all summer, only waiting for cool weather to come. Luckily what was left of Gustav brought us much needed rain and very comfortable temperatures. This is the first of 6 posts detailing the different displays they had, each one being a different fairy tale. There were actually 8 displays but I bunched it into 6 based on available pictures. I've opted to post this backwards so that you, the reader can simply scroll down to the next post. I read a lot of blogs and that is the one thing I hate about the layout is that if there are related posts, the reader has to read them backwards unless they happen to catch each post just as it is published. I plan on posting backwards with all my series. Also I am rating each of the displays by interactiveness and explanation of the story. Enjoy

The first display was "Three Billy Goats Gruff" which was a very visually detailed display. This being our first exhibit, it was cool to start the tour with the large flowers(pictured in the background) . The picture shows most of the exhibit. You can see that there is a plaque which is included in all the displays but they offer little explanation but rather quotes from the stories. I don't really remember this story so I was somewhat confused although it's obviously about a creature blocking a bridge to a better place. I guess the stepping stones underneath are supposed to be water? Declan had fun walking on the bridge. B

No comments: